- Shower- A few drops (3-6) of citrus oil (Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Orange) on the floor of the shower (away from the plug hole) makes a very refreshing start to the day.
- For an evening shower try Lavender or Camomile. Any of the oils good for respiratory ailments i.e. Eucalyptus or Thyme could be used in this way after or during a cold, useful where there is excess mucus.
- Radiator - A few drops of oil on a tissue and over the radiator gives an instant aroma in a room, very useful with elderly people or young children (where the flame from a burner could be a concern). Also very nice if you are away travelling, not all hotel rooms are well aired and this is a quick and easy solution. Lavender and Camomile are good for bedrooms, whereas Bergamot or other citrus may be a little livelier for other rooms.
- Mattress - When changing the bed sheets, 10 – 20 drops (in total) of Lavender and Tea Tree oil will freshen and help deter unwanted inhabitants!
- Hoover - Everyone knows how musty and smelly a hoover can become. Try approximately 10 drops of either Lemon or Lemongrass (something strong and zesty) onto the filter inside your hoover. As soon as you turn on the machine you get a fantastic fresh aroma.
- Car - Keeping a bottle of a stimulating oil in the car can be very useful. Peppermint for instance is refreshing and good for nausea, a few drops on a tissue and inhaled is a simple and easy method of use.
Alternatively you could sprinkle a few drops on the carpet floor, this is also useful for dispelling unwanted odours. Ensure you select an oil that you like and avoid sedative oils like Lavender and Camomile, not a good idea while driving.
- Room Freshner Make your own personal favourite scent. The Atomiser is a very effective room or car freshner. Use oils with fresh and zesty aromas e.g. Orange, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Lemon or Bergamot.Just blend the oils in water or in a floral water (5ml essential oil into 100ml of water would be a good strength). Always shake vigorously before using to disperse the oil.To promote restful sleep or to calm over-excited children, you can use Lavender or CamomileFor a party Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood or Orange.For a sick room, use antiseptic oils like Tea tree or Lemon.For study, Rosemary or Basil.
- Clothes Freshner- Whilst ironing, the atomiser used to ‘mist’ Lavender Water will lightly scent and freshen clothes beautifully.
- Dish cloths and Fridge– Dish cloths can become a little stinky, a few drops of Lemon oil and then rinse will freshen and disinfect. Wiping out the fridge with this will help dispel unpleasant odours.
- Mop – to freshen up the mop add 4-6 drops of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lemon or May Chang Summer Blend to the water in the mop bucket
- Insect Repellant - Using 100ml of water (or Lavender Water) add 5ml of Citronella (alternatively, you can use Lavender, Lemongrass or Eucalyptus if Citronella is not your favourite scent.) Shake vigorously before use. Spray around a room or onto clothes before going outdoors.
Available in the shop.